How to Become a Judge or Evaluator
Skate Canada Officials - From Skate Canada
Officials Definition, Appointment and Qualifications Policy - From Skate Canada as of Jun 9, 2016
Official's Registration -
Please ensure that you're registered with a Skate Canada club prior to the September 1st deadline! From Members Services at Skate Canada: "Skate Canada’s membership year runs from September 1 to August 31. Every Official must be registered for the current membership year before taking part in Skate Canada’s programs, officiating tests or updating qualification."
To determine what is required for promotion -
Please review the information found at info.skatecanada.ca > Rulebook > Section 2000 Policies and Procedures > Officials definition, appointment, qualifications policy > 12.0 Requirements for appointment or promotion as a judge or evaluator.
Timelines for Submitting for Promotion
- Sr. Bronze Evaluator and/or Juvenile Judge submissions may be made at anytime to Maureen Cecile or Trevor Crowe.
- Gold Evaluator and/or Novice Judge submissions may be made at anytime to Sue Blatz.
- Junior and Senior Judge submissions may be made at anytime to Sabrina Wong.
- Exams, clinics and your reports are now valid for 3 years.
Judges' Clinics & Trial Judge Information
How to Keep Yourself Updated Technically
- Check our Technical Site for lists and links to many of the technical documents which you'll need to become familiar with each season.