Role of a Coach
WO Coaches' Conflict Resolution Policy
Proper procedure to follow if you need advice or have a concern:
Step #1 - Go to your Club Coaches' Rep.
Step #2 - Go to your Region Coaches' Rep.
Step #3 - Go to your Section Coaches' Rep.
All issues or concerns must be in writing. Your Region Representative's
name and Section Coaches' Representative's information is available
on this Web site.
• See Coaching Committee
Club Professional Coaches' Representative - Job Description
This position is elected by the entire Professional Coaching
staff in the club - could be held by any professional in the club
(i.e., club or freelance contract)
- Remember that if you are elected as this Representative, you
will be voting on behalf of the Coaches in the club - whenever
possible, get the feedback of your Coaches so you know how to
- Should declare a 'conflict of interest' in areas such as Coaches'
Wages / Contracts - in these cases should leave the meeting
for this portion only. (Refer to Skate Canada's Conflict of
- Submit all names of your Professional Coaching staff to your
Regional Coaches Representative at the beginning of each season.
- Attend ALL club board meetings or assign an alternate if not
possible to attend.
- Distribute all necessary information to the coaching staff
after each meeting.
- Distribute any WOS. section information that you receive in
the mail to all of your coaching staff.
- June 2000, Western Ontario Section Coaching Committee
Documents From Skate Canada
A Professional Club Coach Representative [2p, PDF]
A Professional Club Coach [1p, PDF]