Skate Canada 10 Year Volunteer Pin
A 10 Year Volunteer Pin is available for purchase from Skate Canada's online store for clubs should they wish to acknowledge their 10 year volunteers. This includes ALL who so generously volunteer their time, including club volunteers, board members, program assistants and officials too. The product number is 083900067B, and the price, $10.
Volunteerism - Topics & Resources
Here are some excellent resources on volunteerism, for Club Boards of Directors, written and assembled by present and former WO Board Members: Karen Edwards, Brenda VanEngelen and Karen Wilson.
Let's Hear From You!
Is there a special way that you recognize the Volunteers in
your Club or someone who goes the extra mile for the skaters?
If so please share that with us. Send us photos of your
volunteers at work, and we'll post them here!
WO Achievement Awards
Many of our Section's volunteers are honoured annually at our
Club Volunteers - You Make a Difference
- Don't forget to track your club's years of volunteer service for ALL your volunteers, including your PAs. The Section honours all volunteers with a 25 and 50 year Skate Canada pin. Complete and submit a 25 & 50 year Volunteer Pin Application Form for each volunteer by March 1st each year.
- An article with special thanks to one of our coaches, parents & volunteers, Sue Plewes.
Web Resources for Volunteers
- Volunteer Canada - represents and advocates for volunteerism in Canada. Includes resources, information, and a directory of volunteer organizations.
- World Volunteer Web - features volunteer events, opportunities, and news from around the world. Online resources are provided to facilitate community service projects.
Trillium Foundation - provides granting information
and resources to help you in proposal development.
- Charity Village - resources to help you recruit, integrate and retain volunteers
- Energize, Inc. - volunteer management resources for volunteer leaders
- Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement: an Audit Tool - from Volunteer Canada. This document has numerous forms for to help you audit your organization and calculate the value of your volunteers.
- Effective Organizations - Product Catalogue - Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs has excellent resources with factsheets that you can print or
order. The sheets are organized
under the following headings:
- Organizational Behaviour
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning and Time Management
Valuable Is the Work You Do
Valuable is the work you do.
Outstanding is how you always come through.
Loyal, sincere and full of good cheer,
Untiring in your efforts throughout the year….
Notable are the contributions you make.
Trustworthy in every project you take.
Eager to reach your every goal.
Effective in the way you fulfill your role.
Ready with a smile like a shining star,
Special and wonderful—that’s what you are.
~ author unknown, courtesy of Points of Light Foundation,
in honor of Volunteer Week