Please send your position description to email@example.com. If possible please provide a closing date
for applications, or let us know once your position is filled.
Skate Canada Coach
Classifieds - for coaching job opportunities nation-wide
WOS | Out-of-Section
WOS Coaching & Club Positions
Innovation Synchronized Skating Team
... from Thorold, Ontario is currently seeking a coach for the 2017-2018 skating season. The position available is within the adult program. The successful candidate must be energetic, highly motivated and have a strong sense of choreography. The coach must be able to foster a positive training environment through their dedication, organization, and passion for synchronized skating.
• Interested applicants are welcome to send their resume to Sarah Sloggett at firstname.lastname@example.org. [19 May]
Brooke Alvinston Skating Club
... is currently accepting applications as we are in need of a Male Partner for our Dances for Test Days. This position is for the STARSkate and Senior programs. Availability would include some Monday evenings as well as some Saturdays from early October 2017 to late March 2018. Ideal applicants should possess enthusiasm, professionalism, creativity and a strong work ethic. Experience with a harness would be an asset as one is available. Applicants will need to submit a copy of NCCP Coaching Certificate and First Aid Certificate. Please apply by June 25, 2017.
• Please forward your cover letter and resume to Club President, Susan Armstrong, at email@example.com or by mail to Brooke Alvinston Skating Club ATTN: Partnering Application PO Box 83, Alvinston, Ontario, N0N 1A0. [18 May]
South Dumfries Figure Skating Club
... located in St. George, ON, is currently looking for club coaches for the upcoming 2017/2018 season. We are seeking enthusiastic team players who will complement our current coaching team in a variety of available positions. SDFSC programs include CanSkate to STARSkate as well as a Synchronized Skating Program. Interested applicants must:
- Preferably be certified NCPP level 2 and demonstrate ability to lead the latest program designs.
- Be able to work with a variety of levels including both recreational and competitive skaters.
- Applicants interested in leading the synchro program must demonstrate their ability to develop a team to achieve a technically strong and creative program.
• Interested applicants should forward their resume to the attention of Yaana Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-716-2658 with any questions. [11 May]
Moore Skating Club
...is seeking highly energetic and motivated individuals who will complement
our current team for the 2017/2018 season. The successful candidates will be CanSkate certified in the new system, NCCP level 2 certified or higher and willing to take on and build a
Competitive Private Student base. Coaches nearly complete with level 2 may be considered
depending on experience. Interested applicants must:
- have a current first aid ticket
- have a current criminal record check
- have the ability to work with other coaches in a team coaching atmosphere
- be reliable
- be organized
Possible coaching opportunities for the Coach:
- Group and private lessons
- MSC currently has 5.5 hours of private ice time
- MSC currently has 3.25 group CanSkate/STARSkate hours.
• Interested candidates should respond with current Resume, proof of Skate Canada Credentials, and proof of Skating Levels attained to Cherie Gaulton, MSC President at email@example.com (4 May)
Dundas Figure Skating Club
...is looking for qualified Skate Canada coaches to join our growing club for our CanSkate/ STARSkate/Senior programs for the 2017-18 season and beyond. Coaches should possess Regional Coach/Level 1/Primary STARSkate Certification with intent to complete Provincial Coach/ Level 2/ISPC Certification. CanPowerSkate Certification would be an asset.
Our season runs from October to March on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 4:30-9:00pm and on Saturdays from 9:00am-2:00pm. The club also offers Fall programming in September and Spring programming in April and May.
Our Club strives to make parents and skaters feel at home by promoting a high level of community, camaraderie and open communication amongst the skaters, coaches, parents and Board of Directors. Candidates should be reliable, positive, and personable and be prepared to provide references. All applicants must submit a copy of their NCCP coaching credentials, police background check, current Skate Canada Professional Membership and first aid certificate.
The duties of the coach include:
- Building a base of STARSkaters and preparing them for tests and competitions, while encouraging them to reach their potential by increasing their skating and involvement in the Club as time progresses.
- Working on group sessions as assigned, including but not limited to CanSkate, Pre-CanSkate, Parent & Tot, Advanced CanSkate, and STARSkate.
- Reporting to the Program Director and assisting as needed with various duties including teaching, assessing, warm-up/cool-down, special days, Club Competition preparation, report cards, effective use of PAs, PA training and/or evaluation.
- Encouraging skaters to participate in Club activities, including but not limited to showcases, Club Competition, year-end banquet, demonstrations, seminars, and special events.
- Choreographing number(s) for the annual showcase.
- Working with the other coaches to present a positive team atmosphere and attending occasional coaches meetings throughout the year.
• Interested applicants can submit a resume to
Dundas Figure Skating Club,
P.O. Box 65553, Dundas, ON L9H 6Y6; Email firstname.lastname@example.org (25 Apr)
London Skating Club Synchronicity
...is currently seeking coaches for the following positions:
- Coaching position within our adult program
- Coaching position to assist in the growth and development of our competitive synchronized program
The successful candidate must demonstrate their ability to develop technically strong, fun and creative programs. They will be able to motivate and inspire skaters to achieve within the synchronized skating discipline through their enthusiasm and energy for the sport. Synchronicity is a team coaching environment, thus the successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively with the other coaches on staff, supporting the overall development of the program.
• Interested applicants should be submit their resume to Synchronicity via email to Sherry Jennings at email@example.com with the title “Application for Synchronicity Coach”
Flamboro Skating Club
...is looking for an Administrator (20-25 hrs monthly - $12/hr). We are looking for an individual that has good
communication skills, pays attention to detail, good computer skills and
has basic accounting knowledge.
This one year contract is from May to May. The FSC Club Administrator works
closely with the Board of Directors, taking care of correspondence with
members, setting up program fees and program registration and works closely
with Skate Canada and Uplifter, our registration progra, in addition to
assisting the CanSkate Director from October to May as needed.
• Please submit resume, ATTN Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org (24 Feb)
Wingham Skating Club
... is currently seeking a full time coach for our CanSkate, STARSkate and Can PowerSkate programs for the 2016-17 season. We require a minimum Level 1 certification and a keen commitment to figure skating. We skate Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:45-7:45pm.
• Please forward questions and resumes to email@example.com. (19 Aug)