Skate Canada & Western Ontario Section Awards
To WO Members, please consider recognizing, supporting, nominating our skaters, volunteers and special members.
- Skate Canada Achievement Awards
- Mary Burdon Post-Secondary School Scholarship Bursary
- Passion of Skating Bursary Award
- 25 and 50 Year Volunteer Pins
- Western Ontario Section Hall of Fame
2016-2017 Skate Canada Achievement Awards
Each year, our clubs and members are invited to nominate a special Club Volunteer, Coach or Skater for a Skate Canada Achievement Award, presented at the Western Ontario Section or Skate Canada Annual Meetings. To our Clubs, please promote and participate in these awards within your clubs and regions!
Complete the online application and include letters of support as to why your applicant should receive the award. It's an opportunity to recognize and celebrate our wonderful ATHLETES AND VOLUNTEERS! Criteria and deadline for each nomination can be found on the award nomination page.
The deadline for nomination in most cases is February 15, 2017.
Online Nomination Forms for 2017 SECTION Awards
- Skate Canada Section CanSkate Athlete Award
- Skate Canada Section STARSkate Athlete Award
- Skate Canada Section CompetitiveSkate Athlete Award
- Skate Canada Section Officials Award
- Skate Canada Section Program Assistant Award
- Skate Canada Section Volunteer Award
- Skate Canada Section Volunteer Award of Excellence
- Skate Canada Section Volunteer Coach Award
Online Nomination Forms for 2017 NATIONAL Awards
- Elizabeth Swan Memorial Award
- Skate Canada Club Coach Award of Excellence
- Skate Canada Competitive Coach/Choreographer Award of Excellence
- Skate Canada Officials Award of Excellence
- Skate Canada Event Volunteer Award of Excellence
2015-2016 Award Winners
2014-2015 Award Winners
Mary Burdon Post-Secondary School Scholarship Bursary
This bursary is available to skaters who are enrolled in and attending a post-secondary educational institution full time and actively involved with skating, either as a skater, or as an official.
We will begin to accept applications for the 2016/17 school year beginning September 1, 2016 and up until February 15, 2017.
2016-2017 Passion of Skating Bursary Award
$500.00 toward future skating to be awarded at the Skate Canada Western Ontario AGM
- A skater who demonstrates a real Passion and Commitment for the sport
- A skater who demonstrates good Sportsmanship
- A skater who demonstrates Leadership
- A skater who works diligently to improve his/her skills
- A skater who actively participates in the advancement and/or encouragement of younger skaters
- Must be 11 years of age or older as of July 1, 2016
- More info & application form [2p, PDF] - applications due April 28, 2017
25 and 50 Year Volunteer Pins
Stop and consider just how much our sport and skaters' success depend upon our dedicated volunteers, whether it's running our clubs, organizing our competitions, our officials and board members. Please do track your club's volunteers' years of involvement in our sport, and let us know when they reach a special milestone of 25 or 50 years of involvement! Note that all volunteer activities count towards years of service. Don't forget to start counting the years your Program Assistants devote to your club!
Western Ontario Section Hall of Fame
You are invited to submit nominations to the Western Ontario Section Hall of Fame throughout the year. Please return nomination forms to the Western Ontario Section office, ATT: Hall of Fame Committee.